Just in time for the chilly weather, youngest son’s cosy blanket has been completed. He moved to his own flat about six months ago and is just beginning to notice the chilly evenings. At home he would have enjoyed sitting by the fire on winter nights, now he has to rely on panel heaters in his Victorian attic flat. Of course he has to pay for electricity too, so any methods of keeping warm for free are very welcome.
The rug in his flat was the catalyst for the colour scheme. It brightens up his very manly charcoal coloured sofa. So the colour choices for the blanket were taken from the rug.
Stylecraft Special DK yarn was chosen mainly for its durability and ease of washing. I dare say a few alcoholic beverages will be splashed on its crocheted rows over time. At least it can be bundled into the washing machine at regular intervals!
Wonderful Attic 24 was the inspiration for the design. I used her cosy blanket pattern which can be found here. Instead of doing 90 rows I stopped at 75 when I felt the size was perfect for the sofa. The finished blanket measures 140cm x 180cm with one row of trebles as a simple border. I didn’t go for pretty in the border bearing in mind it was a man’s blanket.
Colour wool choices were:
Graphite,
Charcoal,
Black,
Stone,
Mocha,
Copper,
Spice,
Tomato,
Claret.
I used three balls of graphite, two charcoal, two black, two claret and the rest just one each.
So it was delivered this afternoon and now I await the reaction. I expect he will be ensconced this evening feeling very cosy as he listens to the rain beat down. As for me it’s back to sock knitting, sadly not quite so warming as blankets.
What are you up to in the making stakes? Any blankets on the go? Do share your latest projects as it’s always lovely to get inspiration for something new.
Barbara xxx









0 Yorumlar