Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Chicken wire....A Flower Grower's Best Friend

First of all, I want to tell all of you, thank you for your sweet comments you leave while visiting. I read each and every one and really enjoy your view on things!
Who doesn't love to see chickens walking the grounds and listening to them croon? You see them in every old western movie and in any country painting... chickens..... a homey view.......however......
if you look closely at the ground....especially in the old western's, there is no grass... nothing but dirt. Chickens are the best cultivators ever, not one blade of anything will remain in a garden or flower bed, if your chickens walk the grounds.

Even when the grass and flowers have given way to winter's sleep, they will scratch and clear out anything standing, as you can see from one of my flower beds. I love my chickens and want to see them walking around and not way out in their pen....however, I love to grow flowers. And the selfish side of me, just can't see why I can't have both.

So now.. I am happy.....my chickens are happy... and hopefully my flowers will be able to be happy in the spring. I spent the day pounding stakes around my flower beds and stretching chicken wire around the stakes to block my flower beds off from my feathered friends. The wire is 2 foot tall, my chickens wings are clipped, so they are not able to fly over the wire.

I tried to stretch the wire tight enough so that it wouldn't look saggy and too bad.

I plan to plant morning glory around the fence line so that maybe it will grow and look a little prettier. However, I know the chickens will probably eat the morning glory. But I have faith that they won't be able to get inside of the fence and eat my other flowers. Do any of you have any problems with your fluffy feathery friends doing the same thing? Do you have a better suggestion? I still have a few flower beds to work on. I would love to hear. Have a blessed weekend!






Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar