Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Getting There!

Season's Greetings!  The kitchen fire clean up and painting is almost done.  They will hopefully finish up on Monday.  The crew chief is Sandra and she made sure they concentrated on the living room so that I could decorate the tree and room.  The tree has most of the decorations on it.. but we can't find the tin with all my hand crocheted red hearts and the white snowflakes!  Eeek.. where are they?  So.. the paint selections have been a challenge.  We (I?) selected a deeper, richer shade of yellow called "Bread 'n Butter".  Now that it's up and in some light it's rather orange-y.  :-O  But we're getting used to it.  The other color for the living room, kitchen and bedroom - it used to be sage green and I wanted something brighter.  We made a rather hasty decision on a color called "Spring Chartreuse".  It's rather lime green.  But guess what?  I love it!!  You can see it here behind the tree.
It sure brightened up the bedroom!  What do you think?
This is a truer color without the yellowish lights on.  It sure does look nice with our new duvet cover! 
Our turkey dishes arrived!  They are stacked up on the table right now, there are still boxes every where.. of things that were taken out of cabinets by the crew so they could move them and paint.   
The turkey platter is really nice sized.. and they are a very high quality china. 
I just snapped a few photos so I could touch bases with you -- we're using this rare and wonderful free day to get things more in order and decorated.  The last room they will paint is our family room.  Where we spend our time.  Our "nest".  Now that is going to be unsettling to say the least.  I will be going to a DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution) meeting that day, so poor Dayle will be here overseeing things himself.  

OK, I must get back to tidying and decorating.  I hope you're having a fun or peaceful weekend, whichever is your heart's desire.  Tomorrow we are going to Portland Yacht Club for the Children's Christmas Party - the kids will see Santa and it's always fun, they give them a fun gift and there is usually a clown.  You know I'll be snapping some photos.


❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
*M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ 
((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar