As an aspiring writer, that is. I wanted to title this post "BIG NEWS" but my bride suggested something more clever. She also insisted I refer to myself as a "writer", which I think is a total hoot. "Bullshit artist" or "lovable fraud" might be more like it. Anyway, I am excited as heck, and feeling blessed and lucky this week.
When I started this here blog in May 2006, I figured it would be a fun diversion while I was recovering from some gut surgery. Along the way I've gotten a few ideas, and thanks to the amazing encouragement and inspiration so many of you have provided, I now have two little things up on sites other than this blog.
The spring 09 edition of Farmhouse Magazine published an essay of mine called "My Day With Antonia". Some of you might recognize it from an earlier appearance here. I cannot thank Katie Schwartz enough. Seriously.
Today my first effort at very short fiction appeared at Six Sentences. It's titled "Every Rose's Thorn". Thank you Katie (again) and Amy Guth for suggesting I send something in there.
Go take a look please? Thanks!

0 Yorumlar