Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Mr. Sun


I give a smile to Mr. Sun,
With his appearance, Winter’s done,
The green and warmth from him are spun,
As life returns to everyone.

And in his light, with joy, I bask,
Surely, this is all I ask,
To close my eyes and tip my flask,
Forget the snow and Winter tasks.

Ooh. See the sunhat I have brought,
And salves. With burns, I won’t get caught,
I’ll do the things I know I ought,
Cause sun, you know, can be so hot!

So now I’m at the house herein,
Conditioned air that cools my skin,
So tell me why I wear a grin,
When Mr. Sun returns again?

Mondays do get knocked a lot,
With poetry, we three besought,
To try to make the week begin,
With gentle thoughts--perhaps a grin?
So Jenny and Delores, we,
Now post our poems for you to see.
And when you’ve read what we have brought,
Did we help? Or did we not . . .

Come back next week, it won't be hard,
We three will spend time in the yard.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar