Every Spring our farmyard is sprinkled with wild sweet Violets. It's very early this year but from the kitchen window I spied a huge patch of white Violets in bloom. Kristi picked a bowl of them for me and I put together 2 little bouquets. I used a vintage milk glass cream pitcher and another small green glass vase. It is very fiddly to arrange a bouquet of Violets, they are tiny and you have to poke them down until the stems are in the water. But oh my goodness, these flowers are FRAGRANT! Have you ever smelled them fresh picked? ::swoon::
Kristi also took the BGC (Big Girl Camera) up and took some shots of them "in the wild" to show you how they grow. There are 3 colors of them. White, lavender and DEEP purple that you see above.
Sweet little flowers.
I also used the BGC to snap some shots of my little bouquets.. I'm still enjoying the tiny little Narcissus.
Another shot of them on the forest floor of our little woods.
Here are my 2 little bouquets added to my tablescape.
With all my St. Patricks decorations.
Kristi has put the 2 new orchids and the bromeliad in our bay window behind our easy chairs.. and I wanted to show you how full and healthy the Christmas cactus is getting.
My sister Denise is in Costa Rica for a week, she texted me this photo of the place they're staying. Doesn't this look wonderful?
Yesterday they visited a sloth sanctuary and sent this image.. isn't he cute?
Another shot. What a face!
Have you been wondering how Simba is doing? Well.. our little wild warrior leads a rough life, but he's free and gets food and love on our back deck. But he's been coming "home" with bloody ears and the last wound is on his neck and was pretty big. But he's healing up. He's quite the scrapper. We aren't sure who he's fighting with, but Kristi has spotted 2 other cats coming to check out his feed bowl, including a "pole cat" or otherwise known as a raccoon has crept up to eat Simba's food while Kristi has been sitting outside. We also have coyotes and not far from here a cougar has killed a pet goat. But Simba would not stand a chance with a cougar.. or a coyote.
An update on Dayle's recovery from surgery. He's getting around and getting better. But he's in a lot of pain and moans and groans a bit, but I know I'd be doing the same thing. But he's on the mend, that's the best part. I'm off to swim soon, Kristi will be on duty while I'm gone. :-) Did you have a good weekend? ((hugs)), Teresa :-)







0 Yorumlar