Diamond Dave has somehow caught Covid and passed it on to his mum who is 88. After 2 years of avoiding it, it has arrived in Cotswold Corner. He had an irritating cough for a couple of days which we put down to him using some roof insulation at work. Then he said this morning his cup of tea tasted salty. That rang alarm bells for me and I got the Covid tests out. I am negative at the moment but I’m sure I won’t be able to avoid it.
At the moment symptoms are mild and he is frustrated he has to stay in. The family are going to give us a wide berth for the next week or so. Guidelines have changed so I had to go to work as normal.
Yesterday I applied for an allotment local to us. I was amazed to get an email back almost straight away. I was a tad excited until I read I am number 52 on the list and the prediction is there should be one available in the next 6-8 years. Our small veg plot will have to do it’s best to help feed us. I will plan carefully to see what other growing space I can find in the garden. It does me well for tomatoes beans peas and spinach but I would like to grow more root veg especially potatoes. I think they may become very expensive to buy soon. I got lots of seeds free with my gardening magazines I had for Christmas. Time to start thinking about sowing some of the early stuff in greenhouse.
Son in law filled up his work van this morning at the price of £101 for diesel. Being self employed this is a major blow for him. Hopefully prices will stabilise soon. At least we won’t be using any fuel for a few days.
As we are going to be housebound for a while, I will be using the time to clean and tidy some neglected corners. I had a cupboard that I called my brexit cupboard which is nearly empty of stored things now. I think I will have to go back into putting a few extra things in there for a rainy day. I hate the idea of panic buying so just an extra thing here and there when I shop.
It is raining and gloomy so time to put the kettle on and have a nice cup of tea and maybe a biscuit. Happy Friday all.

0 Yorumlar