Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Thankful Thursday

Yesterday, as I was trying to clean out and organize part of my closet, I  was watching/listening to this show on TV (which incidentally I had never watched before).  At the end, the show host, Marie Osmond, read this quote, "ingratitude is the backdoor through which our blessings escape us."    I thought about that all afternoon and so decided to join with my blogger buddy Lisa at Home to 4 Kiddos for Thankful Thursday.

I am thankful for more rain this morning.  It waters the dry ground and cools the intense summer temperatures here, even if it does replace heat with humidity.

I love that the rain always greens up my little container garden which is in a little outside entry alcove by the front door.  I am thankful for my home - this shady little spot of welcoming greenery is one of the things I love about it.


It began to rain hard this morning literally minutes after hubby and son carried this desk outside.  We are donating it to a charity that will pick it up today.  I am thankful that I have two strong men in the house to carry heavy things, and I am grateful that we have been able to clean-up and declutter at least parts of the house and garage this past week.  I am thankful for charities that pick-up donations (another load will go out on Saturday) and I am thankful for Craig's List which allowed us to get a little extra cash for some unneeded items.

I am thankful that, after the decluttering and reorganization of a spare bedroom, we now have more room for our indoor clothes dryers, which are saving us A LOT of money on our electricity bill.  Who knew that it costs so much money to run a clothes dryer?  I am actually thankful that our dryer went out in May because we discovered that air drying clothes in the house, or outside (although our homeowners association does not allow clothes lines) is very economical and really no more work.  Our dryer is fixed now, but I have only used it once since May!  The little trial of having our dryer go out turned out to be a big financial blessing. 

I am thankful that our trusty land land phone is finally fixed after being out for four days.  A very nice young man came and rewired almost all of the phone jacks in the house and also fixed some outside wires yesterday.  Even though he was young and inexperienced, he was personable and went the extra mile to trouble shoot and remedy the problem.  

I am thankful for a nice book club meeting last night with a group of women from church.  The book we all read is The Rent Collector by Camron Wright, a book which I highly recommend.  (Read my Goodreads review here).   We talked to and ask questions of the author via Skype, had a delicious dinner and generally enjoyed visiting and chatting with one another.   It was a nice change-of-pace evening.  

I am thankful for books, like this one I am currently reading, that have great ideas and help me see things from a different perspective as I struggle to become the best parent I can be.

Things I am thankful for that I don't have pictures of:
  • Youngest son is safely home now after spending two weeks with relatives in Utah after our family vacation. He had a great time and I am so thankful to everyone - family and friends - for treating him so well.  He can't wait to go back!
  • Son is willing to get his hair cut at the beauty college to save some $$. We both have an appointment there later today.
  • Hubby is very pleased, so far, with his new teaching position for next year.  It is much closer to home and so far the pre-school year training and support has been awesome.  He is excited to meet all of his new students on the first day of school in a week and a half.
  • I have been blessed with many kind and supportive family members and friends.
  • I have been blessed with challenges that are making me grow and stretch (sometimes painfully) to become a better person.  
Hope you also have much to be thankful for today - I know you do!










Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar