Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Weekly Wrap-Up 7/4

 Good morning all!  Happy Independence Day to all the American readers.  Hope this finds you all well and safe.
We had some hot and humid days this past week.  It did finally cool a bit to the point of being able to open windows!!!!  That has been wonderful.  Heat is back on for a while again this coming week.  I know some of you have horribly hot days - I am so sorry.  I hope you are able to find some ways to stay cool.

Last night was pretty darn noisy around here.  I shouldn't complain because it was MUCH better than the past several years.  I am sure it will be noisy again tonight.  I am truly not a fan of fireworks.  They scare so many people and animals.


This past week was kind of quiet!
  • Watered with rain barrel water when needed.  We did get rain again for a couple days - so things have stayed watered.  Barrels are full again. (Haven't used the hose to water yet this year!)
  • Used dehumidifier water in laundry again
  • Cut basil to dry
  • Mowed and trimmed really well (on a cooler day)
  • Trimmed the flower covered front walk again!!!  My those flowers go crazy
  • Trimmed the bushes out back
  • AC off Friday and Saturday both day and evening.  Windows open and house aired!
  • Made up a gallon of OJ
  • Eating at home and using what I have on hand
  • No shopping
  • Just doing all the basics
Meals this past week:
Burritos topped with salad
Loaded burgers
Leftover rice mixture fried with eggs added (kind of like quiche) & zucchini strips
Beef and cheese nachos
Rueben
Baked potato and salad
Mac n cheese w/sausage added and salad

How was your week?  Anything new or exciting happening?  Any deals?
My garden is growing like a weed!!  I have some zucchini that will be ready this week and maybe a couple peppers.  Tiny cucumbers and tomatoes hanging out there.  I am ready for some home grown produce!!!!

I look forward to hearing from everyone!  I hope you all have a fantastic and safe and healthy week.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.


Thy word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
Psalms 119:105


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar