This morning the skies were overcast with a hint of mistiness around the edges, just perfect for a morning walk beside Hamilton Lake.
There is a walking track encircling the Lake but I have never yet walked all of it. Today I chose an area I hadn’t walked before, winding through trees and flaxes around the edge of the Lake.
It was a busy path, with many walkers, joggers and people out exercising their dogs.
There are many water-lilies in this area and several Pukeko were searching through them looking for food and showing why they are often called swamp-hens (they love marshy places).
| Pukeko - Porphyrio melanotus |
I saw several different birds on my leisurely walk, including sparrows, pigeons, cormorants, and welcome swallows. These Australian Coots were also searching among water-lilies looking for food.
| Australian Coot - Fulica atra |
The Lake is a permanent home to many ducks, mostly Mallards. These females were busy preening.
| Female Mallard ducks - Anas platyhynchos |
This male, though, had finished with feeding and preening and was busy catching up on some snoozing.
| Male Mallard duck - Anas platyrhynchos |
Have a great day everyone J
Margaret.

0 Yorumlar