Here's a quick post of how I'm going to be doing the cav for my Wagram set-up/Blucher armies. I think they're going to look great!
Here's a few pics. The object they're all placed upon is a test patch for my battle mat, which I'm going to go work on for a while in a bit today, and which will be the object of my next post.
Here's a picture from the rear, taken in my kitchen.
Some people had concerns about being able to tell the cav apart from the infantry and from each other. I think these pics show that you can definitely tell them apart. The flags actually help the eye define each unit much more like the way they would have in real life in this scale.
Ok, I'm not going to tell you what unit these next guys are...
I need to repaint the command sections helmets gold instead of yellow ASAP!
Here's a more zoomed out shot that still retains some focus, so you can see how the cav look in relation to some infantry units (and citrus fruit!).
These are some outside pics I took in part to see how my test-patch for my mat would look in lighting. Somehow this outdoor shot in the shade is darker than my indoor pics... Still, looks ok.
And... here's one more of the French:
Here's a more zoomed out shot that still retains some focus, so you can see how the cav look in relation to some infantry units (and citrus fruit!).
These are some outside pics I took in part to see how my test-patch for my mat would look in lighting. Somehow this outdoor shot in the shade is darker than my indoor pics... Still, looks ok.
The following pic did come out pretty well though. You can definitelt pick out the cheaveulegere!
Here's another angle:
And... here's one more of the French:
So there you have it, a few shots of my Blucher test bases. I'm generally pleased with how the cav look so I'll go forward with this basing style. I feel that the fine, neutral tones make a good backdrop at this scale. My next project will be making up some artillery bases to see how they look, and of course, starting to work on that battle mat! When I get to that I'll do a step-by-step of how I go about it. This will be my first serious one in awhile, so I'm pretty excited. Plus, it will be the first time that I try to tie the terrain directly into my basing scheme. Here's hoping it works.
UPDATE: Here's a pic of my older style of 3mm project, namely the above-mentioned cuirassier brigade at 1:1. All of those bases are 60mm across. Looks epic but I haven't gotten around to do any more units of quite this size! Of course, now that I've traded my cramped 1 bedroom in Hollywood for a more spacious house in Fresno, maybe... hmm. No! This time I will actually FINISH a project before starting the next one! Blucher it is! Blucher or death!

0 Yorumlar