Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Kids scares

Flipping through Fangoria today, I noticed Tim Burton is revisiting Frankenweenie. I'm not gonna sit here and bitch about it. That’s not because I cant, I just haven't decided how I feel about it. I'm not gonna think about it either. Instead, I decided to take a nostalgic walk down the vhs grave yard and think about my favorite horror themed children’s movies. They don’t really make good children’s movies anymore do they?

Hocus Pocus: I'm really into movies about witchcraft right now. This is the first movie that came to mind and its not a surprise. This movie rocks the cradle! Max, a local teen in Salem, accidentally resurrects three witches on Halloween. The Sanderson sisters are out to get the souls of Salem’s children so they can suck um’ up like botox. Bette Midler is the ugly, mean one. Sarah Jessica Parker is the hot blond. Kathy Najimy is the slapstick one who has to ride a vacuum cleaner. Favorite character has to be Billy, the zombie who had his mouth sewn shut! Ya, there’s a zombie!


Beetlejuice: One of the best movies everright? What a fucking cast! What a fucking story! Yes, this is a children's movie list. Barbra(Genna Davis) and Adam (Alec Baldwin), the Maitlands, are a really sweet couple who come to discover they have passed on. They deal with the whole ghost thing until the Deetzes (Jeffery Jones, Catherine O'Hara, and their gothy daughter Wioana Rider) move in. Unable to scare them away, the Maitlands hire rouge ghost exterminator, Betelgeuse(Michael Keaton).


Frankenweenie: This is really adorable. The Frankenstein legend reworked with a cool looking dog.


Monster Squad: I wanna be in the Monster Club. I think I always have. Maybe I should find a tree and start one. If you have a tree house and horror in your heart, sign here. This movie is solid proof that when you watch enough horror movies you can survive one. The Monster Club, a group of five horror fans, have to stop Dracula and his crew of classic Universal monsters from wrecking havoc.


Gremlins: Don't expose your mogwai to light, don't get it wet, and don't feed it after midnight. When you do, you end up with hedonistic, green, mean spirited bastards who will screw your entire town up. I had a furby man! I'm pretty sure you better follow the same rules if you wanna make it to next Christmas's big fad. Joe Dante is the man.


Tv shows I miss: Are you afraid of the dark, Eerie,Indiana, So Weird, Buffy, and Tales from the Crypt

Best Halloween Special: The Halloween Tree

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar