Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Cheap as chips!

Hello.... I'm still here :-) busy catching up on the garden while the weather is nice, the weeds seem to be taking over, grrr... I have managed to do one of the raised beds ready for the salady stuff and about 10 % of the big shrubbery, its an absolute nightmare, I bet I will be stiff in the morning :-( hubby has thinned out the apple tree and planted some primulas and heathers in the front garden border. Thats all...we were knackered! Maybe I will do a bit more tomorrow, just keep chipping away until its all done.

I had a quick catch up with the Frugaldom Forum where one of the threads is "Whats your favourite emergency meal?"  Well that really depends on whats in the cupboard, but I nearly always have these


We tried the Instant mash a couple of years ago on a caravanning holiday and found if it was seasoned and had a blob of butter stirred in it was quite nice, this pack has 6 good portions and it cost 48p. Corned beef, we love that hot or cold, this one cost £1:50 a tin and its very good value, so tonight because we had been working hard in the garden and I was tired I decided a quick meal using these as the base would be a good idea. After a rummage in the veg drawer..we had kale and loads of carrots, both are quick to prepare and cook so that was it.. Mashed potato, carrots, kale, chopped corned beef warmed through in onion gravy...yum!


Cost for 2 people...mash. 16p. Half tin of Corned beef 75p. Veggies, handful of kale and 2 large carrots about 40p onion gravy 10 p. total £1:41 or 70p per dinner.


For dessert we had half a tin of Basics Peach Slices with a blob of yogurt. Adding about another 20 p each, which means 2 courses for 90p each. Absolutely delicious and cheap as chips!! 

Whats your favourite "Emergency Meal"  or would you just order a takeaway?

Take care
Karen xxx

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar