Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

JUST BEAUTIFUL DAYS

My 2 week vacation is nearing it's end but writing a post makes it all seem like one beautiful day flowing in to the next, each one bringing new and fun things to do and see. I can't begin to tell you how nice it is to not have to pack up and leave after 2 days. I think Milo and Layla have forgotten about their 'other house'. The weather has been perfect and we have have had as many quiet and relaxing days as we have had busy. I even took a nap one afternoon! I ordinarily would not waste a minute here, but it was so great to wake up, stretch and walk outside to see the calm lake and hear the birds chirping. Heaven.
I bought these little bird houses at Steinmart last year and finally got The Husband to hang them. He's not very fond of ladders. Aren't the faces precious?
So days just stretch out before me...I haven't found a good novel to start, but I will. The Husband is half finished with East of Eden, which I may pick up after him. I never read it. Time to break out of my Chick Lit mode and read a classic. Sometimes it's just nice to sit under the oak tree and read and daydream...
...or maybe under a palm tree. Yes, The Husband added two more palms to out patio, we are really in Tahiti now, baby.
And Milo loves his view from the Summerhouse where he can scout for other dogs to play with.
We've had our share of boat rides and flying around the lake on the wave runners. It's nice during the evenings and week when the lake is mostly empty. At the sand bar, where the water is only about waist high, you can hop off your wave runner and stand and have a refreshment or two...

Finally, I mentioned that we were going to an Antique Fair in Indiana and that we did last Saturday. I started out with my camera and then put it back inside the car. It becomes cumbersome and I know that you have seen tents and vendors and people shopping before. We had a great time. I had the experience of the 'one that got away'; a beautiful white chippy cabinet that went to the ladies in front of me admiring it. We spent the rest of the fair looking for something similar and it didn't happen. We made up for any sad feelings by munching on Chicken sandwiches, ice cream and lemonade. I did find this neat mesh bowl {sans veggies} and really liked it. Perfect for fruit or sewing items. junk mail...
I found this perfect, chippy window that is nice and sturdy and will look beautiful hanging above my bed. I'm not sure if I should hang fabric or something on the back of it or just let the wall color show through. Please let me have your suggestions. I am in LOVE with it.

We got back from South Haven this morning after picking the dogs up from the kennel. I think they had a good vacation themselves. Milo actually turned and ran out of the office and back into the cage area when we got there. Must have forgot to say his goodbyes. They have not been barking much....probably wore their barkers out! Anyway, I did some serious shopping in South Haven and I will share it with you in my next post. In the meantime, I hope you are having a marvelous week! :-)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar