Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Greyson on seizing that 'Chance' of a lifetime




While most 14-year-old kids are glued to TV and the computer; YouTube singing sensation Greyson Chance is touring the world to promote his newest album---and he’s loving every second of it.

“Well you know it is really fantastic. I’m so lucky for what I get to do and I just have a lot of fun in so many cities. I just came from KL in Malaysia and now from Manila, I go to Jakarta. I’m so lucky and I get to have so much fun and I get to work and meet and see all the different fans from the different cities,” Chance told Bulletin Entertainment and other members of media at his press conference held at the Eastwood Richmonde Hotel on Nov. 19.

From being your average sixth-grader in April 2010, Chance catapulted to stardom when his brother posted a clip on YouTube that shows the latter performing a cover of Lady Gaga’s “Paparazzi” at a choir event in his hometown Edmonton, Oklahoma. The video went viral, becoming the third most popular video on YouTube for the entire 2010 with over 44 million views to date.

Like other YouTube sensations, such as Charice and Maria Aragon, Chance’s rendition of the hit song also landed him a guest appearance on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” on May 2010. The rest, as they say, is history.

While many musicians can only hope for what Chance has accomplished--what with two North American tours, performance at the White House, and several TV guest stints under his belt—the charming crooner unabashedly admits that he’s yet adapted to show business.

“Every once in a while, I miss my friends, I miss my normal life,” said he but he quickly added, “but to be honest with you, I love what I get to do…I’m just glad I’m here right now in the Philippines and having a good time.”

Chance also admits to have bent some “music rules” along the way.

“I think if we have any classical piano teacher beside me, I guess he would be mad at me,” he quipped, sending the press in stitches.

He explained, “My piano skills are basically there because I just happen to know where everything is and I know how everything sounds so I know where I should go.”

Asked if his music has changed since he recorded his first album which includes the single "Waiting Outside The Lines," Chance said, “I’ve been in the studio a lot lately actually back in LA and the sound has stayed the same but it’s definitely evolved. It’s something new and different.”

“What I like about the genre I get to do, I mean the pop-rock genre is I can kind of explore different things. That’s what I really like. And it’s really fun for me because I don’t really set the stone in the genre. I can hop on to do something more like RnB if I want to like [Alicia Keys’] ‘Empire State of Mind’ and make it work. And I can do a lot of things."

Speaking of explorations, Chance, dubbed “the next Justin Bieber,” revealed that he hopes to do collaborations with other artists in the future.

“I would love to collaborate with Taylor Swift, she’s one of my very big role models. Collaboration with [Lady] Gaga won’t be so bad either,” he quipped with a laugh.

Despite his boyish looks and easygoing aura, Chance is wise beyond his years as far as his regard for music and the arts.

“I think it’s very important to have a music class in school. You know some kids like music and some kids don’t. Some other kids find the gym class boring and some kids don’t which is perfectly fine.

“For the kids who like music, I think they should be able to express themselves better. You know, to be able to go to music class and bang on some drums. Music is something that you could use to show how you feel in different ways. You can be angry when you play music, you can be sad and it can make you do different things. Music is very healing,” he said.

Chance lauded his close support group for keeping him grounded.

“I have an amazing team around me...I have amazing parents...” he said.

Asked to share a memorable fan experience, Chance recounted one from his recent trip to Singapore.

“After a show, we have this big bus that we’re traveling in because I travel with a lot of people. And so we would be in this big bus and the fans would see us, and they would just bang on the windows and then more fans are coming and they would bang on the windows,” he started with matching gesture of his fist banging in the air.

“And then you would see one of my guys and he would stick his head outside and say ‘oh, no everybody, please give us some space’ and then they would be okay and then after two seconds they would be banging on the windows again. I could never get anywhere,” he ended the story, smiling.

Source

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar